Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bike Training Tip!!!!

At least 1 day a week I go out on the bike and I just ride! The pressure of average speed is taken away by removing the bike computer, we are slaves to average speed so I replace the computer with my heart rate monitor and focus on keeping my heart rate steady and low. I ride the hills steadily and consistently maintaining a good even speed. How do I know I am riding easily?, because I am completely aerobic!! Yesterdays ride was all about time in the saddle, 5 hours of riding finishing as fresh as I started. Dont be a slave to average speed, this session allows you to switch off, relax and enjoy riding! You can go where you like, for as long as you like in glorious sunshine! My endurance HR is in a bracket of 119-144 BPM so an average HR of 122 BPM was perfect. Train smart, race smarter.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment