Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1 Man 1 Bike 100 Miles

Day 2 of my 16 week programme started working with Abbeycroft Leisure and the launch of their "Get Active" Campaign. I was a guest speaker talking about Decaman as part of my "Sporting Ambassador" role. I love inspiring other people to get fit and to train!! Soon after I was out on the bike for a lovely 100 mile ride around the countryside. In hot humid conditions on an undulating course it was a pleasure to be out riding, to cap it all the last hour was completed in fine drizzle, the type of rain that was like being cooled by a sprinkler. At the end I could quite easily of carried on but the pressure of time defeated me. To finish strong and feel good after 100 miles is a great indicator for more soon. Average Heart Rate 126 BPM I was sitting comfortably in my endurance training zone. Tomorrow I will be up at 3am, on the road pounding the tarmac for a marathon run to work!! Training is in full swing and believe me when I say "There are no limits" Watch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment